Eagle Partners in Education
Children benefit academically when parents and educators work together. There are many ways parents can assist at their child’s school that can fit their interests and availability and, at the same time, meet the needs of the school. Whenever parents get involved at the school, children see that education is important. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Judging contests and competitions
- Assisting in the office
- Read to students/have students read to you
- Assisting in the school library and cafeteria
- Helping in the classroom
- Serving as a guest speaker
- Supervising and chaperoning
- Assisting with computer literacy
- Serving on advisory committees
- Helping with special events
Ideally, schools would like volunteers to assist at least two hours throughout the school year. However, schools are flexible in scheduling volunteers who can’t be at the school each week. To become a volunteer,
- Contact the main office.
- Fill out the volunteer application, consent to a criminal background check, and be approved.
- Once approved, the volunteer must attend a volunteer orientation and training session.
- Pancakes for Parents
- Grandparents’ Day
- Muffins for Moms
- Donuts for Dads
- Career Day
- Science Fair
- History Fair
- The Week of the Young Child