Hello and welcome to Gifted and Talented here at Golden Rule Charter School!
I'm Savannah Henneke and I'm the Coordinator and Teacher for the Gifted and Talented Program for our district. Please check back here each month to see how our projects are going. Below you will find a list of the projects that we're focused on this semester and the field trips that accompany them!
Please look over this IMPORTANT reminder to prepare for your field trip:
- On the day of the field trip, please drop your child off at the Illinois Campus location at 7:30 am.
- Your child must wear their uniform shirt but, they may choose between wearing jeans or their uniform pants. Please have them bring a jacket as well.
- Please do not send your child with their cell phone as this is still a school event. Instead, I encourage you to be a part of our Class Dojo. I will keep you up to date on our field trip the day of through Class Dojo, including photo updates!
- There is a gift store at our location. You may send your child with money if you would like, but it will be their responsibility to keep track of it.
- Your child does not need to bring their backpack to school with them. They can bring a lunch box if you wish to pack them a lunch, or they can eat a school provided lunch.
- I will be waiting at the drop off line at the Illinois campus the morning of your child's field trip, please have your child dropped off between 7:30 am and 7:45 am.
- Please pick your child up from the Illinois campus at 3:30 pm.
Our field trips are coming up soon! We have a busy few weeks ahead of us. Here are our field trips:
Please feel free to email me in English or Spanish, this is my best form of contact.
If you wish to call, please call the Illinois Campus at 214.333.9330. as my office is there.
To keep updated on your child within Gifted and Talented, please ensure you're signed up for Class Dojo. Please email me if you aren't in our class!